How To Sell An Accounting BusinessLearn how to maximise your profit when selling your accounting business
Sell An Accounting Business
To sell an accounting business, the main question for your buyer is going to be “How transferable is the client base?”. Systems are also important. Your best buyer often comes from within the firm. Choose employees who might one day mature into a buyer for your business.
The type of client that the business has will also determine value for an exiting owner. The more substantial the clients in the client base, the greater value the business will have.
Maximising Profit Before Sale Process
- Fully systemise your business.
- Keep the income of your business on an upward curve.
- Keep up to date with lead generation.
- Boost your social media presence and engagement.
- Increase diversity of clients across the casual, regular and corporate sectors.
- Find ways to differentiate yourself from competitors.
- Make sure you are selling the business on its tax figures. The days of lying about your figures to the tax department are over.