How To Sell My Accommodation and Tourism Business
Sell My Accommodation and Tourism Business
Maximising The Value Of Your Business
- Increase turnover by working with distributors (retail travel agents, online travel agents, in-bound tour operators, wholesalers), to
reach the right consumers that will deliver sales for your business. Develop favourable relationships with all distributors.
- Ensure your business is listed on the top Australian tourism sites.
- Know your target market and the best ways to reach them.
- Ensure the product/service you are offering is of the highest standard
- Your website must be easy to navigate with up-to-date information on facilities and pricing.
- Ensure your advertising material taps into the overseas market.
- Consider online bookings
- Diversify Income streams
Points To Consider
- It may be prudent to vary your price depending on seasonability
- Be mindful of operating costs. More costs, less profit. Try to shave operating costs without compromising quality and service.
- Stay competitive… stay in the game!
- If the demand for your product and service is high, people will pay more. Differentiate yourself from the rest!
Preparing For Sale
Compile a document containing:
- Accommodation details
- Facilities details.
- Daily fixed costs.
- Variable costs.
- Annual Costs
- Capacity… (Break-even and full)
- Profit and loss statements dating back 3-5 years
- List of all assets both tangible and intangible.