How to Sell A Real Estate BusinessTips on how to maximise the value of your Real Estate Business for sale
Sell A Real Estate Business
Real estate businesses have at least two separate income streams. One comes from sales of properties, and the other comes from ongoing commissions payable on collecting rent and maintaining properties. The ongoing income is far more valuable than the income coming from the sales side. Often a real estate business is valued on a rule of thumb basis, on the ongoing income only. A good sales office however should be able to realise considerable value, depending on its systems, history, location, demographic and current infrastructure.
Maximising Profit Before Sale Process
- Keep the income of your business on an upward curve.
- Keep up to date with lead generation.
- Boost your social media presence and engagement.
- Increase diversity of clients across the casual, regular and corporate sectors.
- Find ways to differentiate yourself from competitors.
- Don’t allow labour costs to get out of hand.
- Make sure you are selling the business on its tax figures. The days of lying about your figures to the tax department are over.