How to Sell my Florist Business?
SELLING A FLORIST BUSINESS
The emphasis of your business has to be the flowers!
Maximise the Value of Your Florist:
- Charge for every service. Time and product cost money
- Have a number of well-priced suppliers.
- Buy what’s in season and flog it! Be creative with your purchasing.
- Use the best priced flowers as much as possible in all arrangements.
- Bargain the price with your suppliers. Remember, they need you as much as you need them!
- Diversify. Stock associated products to give yourself another income stream.
- Offer weekly specials.
- Up- sell.
- Alliances with other businesses can ensure a steady stream of business. Go out and form these unions.
- Have a website . Allowing customers to order online is cost effective in both terms of labour costs and ordering supplies.
- When special event days such as mothers day and valentines day come around, plan ahead. Have pre-made arrangements ready for sale, this is saves on labour costs during busy times.
- Sell un-arranged flowers.
- Stock a variety of price points.
- Focus on the profitable, not your dream of offering beautiful arrangements! Labour costs can be your downfall.
- Become a specialist for wedding arrangements.
- Promote promote promote!!
Selling Your Florist
- Location. Do you have a lot of passing foot traffic? Great locations can increase the price.
- Are you making good on-line sales?
- Is there any nearby competition?
- Do you have a high profile reputation?
- Do you have a strong history of profitability?
- Does your outlet present beautifully? Does a purchaser need to spend more money here?
- List all fixtures, fittings and equipment included in the purchase price.
- Hours of operation?
- List all suppliers.
- List all staff.
- What is your role in the business?
- Are all your books up to date?
- Ensure your operations and procedures manual is up to date.
- Offer the incoming purchaser a free training period.
- However beautiful your outlet looks, and how much you love it is irrelevant to a purchaser. They just want to know how much money they can make. Start planning now to increase sales / profits!
For more information about Selling Your Business
MORE INFO HERE
Get a Free Appraisal For Your Business
Develop Your Business With our Free Ebook!
MORE INFO HERE
They opted for BCI:
Founder and M.D. - Jump Start
" I sold my business for the price, terms and hand-over that I wanted, and it was all because of Tony. His decades of experience and excellent people skills gave me confidence, reassurance and guidance throughout the entire process. He had ... "
M.D. - Sherlock Consulting
"For 20 years plus I have seen the results of Tony’s business and the professional way he handles his clients….. He is a man of action and stands behind his words….. It’s nice to see and meet a person who is courteous, honest and willing to go the ... "
Director - Fields of Beauty
" Tony, Thank you, for your commitment, professionalism, and dedication to selling my business . I could not have asked for a better broker to sell it! ... "
Director - PALMERBIZ
" If you are considering selling your business, don’t waste your time shopping around for a broker that doesn’t even understand business. Go straight to BCI Brokers and get the professional service that you deserve ... "
Director, Franchise Systems Grp
"Tony puts the interests of his clients at the forefront. He takes a proactive approach to each project and helps his clients understand the reality of the situation. He knows what is required to get a positive result and has proved to be a longstanding colleague ... "
Pro. Services Franchisor
" I have worked with Tony over a number of years in different capacities, firstly as a Franchisor with Tony brokering the sale of a franchisee in our system and then as an advisor to our system. On all occasions I have found Tony to be well informed and ... "