How to Sell my Manufacturing Business?
SELLING A MANUFACTURE BUSINESS
When you are looking to sell a manufacturing business, It is important to develop strategies to increase profits without increasing your costs. Ask yourself…. is my production process cost effective? If not, streamline.
You will maximise value if you maximise Profits.
Customer Base, Stock and and Products
- Expand customer base and find new markets.
- Analyse customer satisfaction.
- Target profitable product lines.
- Increase prices.
- Decrease the price of most profitable products.
- Increase the price of the least profitable products.
- Decrease stock
- Decrease direct and indirect costs
- Cut back on overheads.
- Decrease owner discretionary spending.
- Increase productivity using staff performance reviews.
- Ensure the stability of your suppliers.
- Make sure you are not exposed by dealing with only one supplier. You always need a Plan B.
- Research. Are you taking advantage of all relevant government subsidies? Find out!
Getting ready for sale.
- Compile a complete list of all plant and equipment.
- List intellectual property.
- List on-going contracts.
- Strong historical financial records.
- Up to date profit and loss statements
- Full list of all inventory.
- List all liabilities including leases.
- List realistic profit projections.
- What role do you play in the business? A buyer of a manufacturing business is more often that not looking for a managerial role.
- Ensure your plant is clean and well kept… first impressions speak volumes!
- Assess and address any long term or short term risk to profitability.
- A systems and operational manual is essential when selling a manufacturing business.
- Ensure your business is compliant with all government rules and regulations.
For more information about Selling Your Business
MORE INFO HERE
Get a Free Appraisal For Your Business
Develop Your Business With our Free Ebook!
MORE INFO HERE
They opted for BCI:
Founder and M.D. - Jump Start
" I sold my business for the price, terms and hand-over that I wanted, and it was all because of Tony. His decades of experience and excellent people skills gave me confidence, reassurance and guidance throughout the entire process. He had ... "
M.D. - Sherlock Consulting
"For 20 years plus I have seen the results of Tony’s business and the professional way he handles his clients….. He is a man of action and stands behind his words….. It’s nice to see and meet a person who is courteous, honest and willing to go the ... "
Director - Fields of Beauty
" Tony, Thank you, for your commitment, professionalism, and dedication to selling my business . I could not have asked for a better broker to sell it! ... "
Director - PALMERBIZ
" If you are considering selling your business, don’t waste your time shopping around for a broker that doesn’t even understand business. Go straight to BCI Brokers and get the professional service that you deserve ... "
Director, Franchise Systems Grp
"Tony puts the interests of his clients at the forefront. He takes a proactive approach to each project and helps his clients understand the reality of the situation. He knows what is required to get a positive result and has proved to be a longstanding colleague ... "
Pro. Services Franchisor
" I have worked with Tony over a number of years in different capacities, firstly as a Franchisor with Tony brokering the sale of a franchisee in our system and then as an advisor to our system. On all occasions I have found Tony to be well informed and ... "