How to Sell A Cleaning Business?
SELLING A CLEANING BUSINESS
Cleaning businesses are generally sold in one of two ways. Either to an individual wanting to enter the market place, or, a competitor wishing to expand their existing portfolio so that they can leverage their resources. Your business is only saleable if you can show a history of continual profits, your clients are happy with the service you provide, and you are charging market rates.
Maximising Profit Before Sale Process
- Ensure all clients are profitable.
- Raise prices of under performing accounts.
- Your business will be worth more if you are the organiser, not the worker!
- Fully systemise your business.
- Try to increase sales 10-20% in the year preceding the sale.
- Keep up to date with lead generation
- Increase Client base.
- Find ways to differentiate yourself from competitors.
- Don’t allow labour costs to get out of hand.
- Only take on jobs that you know will give you a good profit.
- Review all contracts and make sure they are up to date. Diversity is the key here.
- Drive new sales.
- Have a favourable location.
- Evaluate your market position.
- In the majority of cases a purchaser will require a non-compete clause in the contract.
- In value of the business increases if the website and telephone numbers a included in the purchase price.
- Supply tax figures for the past 2-5 years.
- Have all systems up to date and well documented
- List all physical assets
- List all tangible assets
For more information about Selling Your Business
MORE INFO HERE
Get a Free Appraisal For Your Business
Develop Your Business With our Free Ebook!
MORE INFO HERE
Founder and M.D. - Jump Start
" I sold my business for the price, terms and hand-over that I wanted, and it was all because of Tony. His decades of experience and excellent people skills gave me confidence, reassurance and guidance throughout the entire process. He had ... "
M.D. - Sherlock Consulting
"For 20 years plus I have seen the results of Tony’s business and the professional way he handles his clients….. He is a man of action and stands behind his words….. It’s nice to see and meet a person who is courteous, honest and willing to go the ... "
Director - Fields of Beauty
" Tony, Thank you, for your commitment, professionalism, and dedication to selling my business . I could not have asked for a better broker to sell it! ... "
Director - PALMERBIZ
" If you are considering selling your business, don’t waste your time shopping around for a broker that doesn’t even understand business. Go straight to BCI Brokers and get the professional service that you deserve ... "
Director, Franchise Systems Grp
"Tony puts the interests of his clients at the forefront. He takes a proactive approach to each project and helps his clients understand the reality of the situation. He knows what is required to get a positive result and has proved to be a longstanding colleague ... "
Pro. Services Franchisor
" I have worked with Tony over a number of years in different capacities, firstly as a Franchisor with Tony brokering the sale of a franchisee in our system and then as an advisor to our system. On all occasions I have found Tony to be well informed and ... "