How to Sell my Accommodation and Tourism Business?
SELLING AN ACCOMMODATION AND TOURISM BUSINESS
Maximising the Value of your Business
- Increase turnover by working with distributors (retail travel agents, online travel agents ,in-bound tour operators, wholesalers), to
reach the right consumers that will deliver sales for your business. Develop favourable relationships with all distributors.
- Ensure your business is listed on the top Australian tourism sites.
- Know your target market and the best ways to reach them.
- Ensure the product / service you are offering is of the highest standard
- Your website must be easy to navigate with up to date information on facilities and pricing.
- Ensure your advertising material taps into the overseas market.
- Consider online bookings
- Diversify Income streams
Points to Consider
- It may be prudent to vary your price depending on seasonability
- Be mindful of operating costs. More costs, less profit. Try to shave operating costs without compromising quality and service.
- Stay competitive… stay in the game!
- If the demand for your product and service is high, people will pay more. Differentiate yourself from the rest!
Preparing For Sale
Compile a document containing:
- Accommodation details
- Facilities details.
- Daily fixed costs.
- Variable costs.
- Annual Costs
- Capacity… (Break even and full)
- Profit and loss statements dating back 3-5 years
- List of all assets both tangible and intangible.
For more information about Selling Your Business
MORE INFO HERE
Get a Free Appraisal For Your Business
Develop Your Business With our Free Ebook!
MORE INFO HERE
They opted for BCI:
Founder and M.D. - Jump Start
" I sold my business for the price, terms and hand-over that I wanted, and it was all because of Tony. His decades of experience and excellent people skills gave me confidence, reassurance and guidance throughout the entire process. He had ... "
M.D. - Sherlock Consulting
"For 20 years plus I have seen the results of Tony’s business and the professional way he handles his clients….. He is a man of action and stands behind his words….. It’s nice to see and meet a person who is courteous, honest and willing to go the ... "
Director - Fields of Beauty
" Tony, Thank you, for your commitment, professionalism, and dedication to selling my business . I could not have asked for a better broker to sell it! ... "
Director - PALMERBIZ
" If you are considering selling your business, don’t waste your time shopping around for a broker that doesn’t even understand business. Go straight to BCI Brokers and get the professional service that you deserve ... "
Director, Franchise Systems Grp
"Tony puts the interests of his clients at the forefront. He takes a proactive approach to each project and helps his clients understand the reality of the situation. He knows what is required to get a positive result and has proved to be a longstanding colleague ... "
Pro. Services Franchisor
" I have worked with Tony over a number of years in different capacities, firstly as a Franchisor with Tony brokering the sale of a franchisee in our system and then as an advisor to our system. On all occasions I have found Tony to be well informed and ... "